GDS is a worldwide "Global Distribution System" computerized reservation network used as a single point of access for accommodating airline seats, hotel rooms, rental cars, and other travel related items by travel agents, online reservation sites, and large corporations. The global companies which offer global distribution systems are Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre, and Worldspan. They are owned and operated as joint ventures by major airlines, car rental companies, and hotel groups also called automated reservation system (ARS) or computerized reservation system (CRS).
Features of Global Distribution System:
- Exposure of worldwide Inventory of airlines, hotels, cars and buses.
- Access to both B2B and B2C
- Purchase preferred seat and other services from GDS
- Expand your coverage easily with travel agents and agencies
- Single window Interface and easy connectivity
- Targeting all travel agencies and agents effectively with best fares and commissions
- Information maintenance is easy with GDS
- Easy connectivity and content mapper
- Opening inventory to new distribution channels
- 24*7*365 access to travel agents and agencies to entire inventory
Amadeus GDS is one of the most preferable GDS system for travel agents and agencies offering deals and commissions on flights, hotels, transfers, and sightseeing. Amadeus GDS helps to bring you and other travel industry players together to do business and enhance your revenue. Amadeus GDS helps travel agents and agencies to serve the traveler to enhance their business experience and engagement. Amadeus GDS helps you to manage your travel business, reducing costs and improving revenues.
Features of Amadeus GDS –
- Manage your Travel business intelligently
- Market & Business Insight
- Target & Promote your travel business
- Distribute & sell through more channels
- Enhance buying experience
- Better market & business insight
Galileo is a computer reservations system (CRS or GDS) owned by Travelport. It had a 26.4% share of worldwide airlines bookings. In addition to airline reservations, the Galileo GDS is used to book train travel, cruises, car rental, and hotel rooms with deals and commissions.
Features of Galileo GDS-
- The travel agents and tour operators can reach maximum number of buyers or travel partners and travel distributors
- Increase in the revenue of their travel business
- Increase in the efficiency of travel operations
- Productivity will increase
- Lowers the operating cost
- Maximize the point of sale
- Allows to capture new marketing opportunity
- Real Time access to inventory and contents